Exabyte drive on Intel V.4 with WD7000

Bill Taylor bt at meteor.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 25 05:46:03 AEST 1991

Our news was down so this might be a repeat but doubt it.

I have built a Compuadd 386/25 MHz with a scsi disk hanging off
the WD7000FAST controller. Unix runs(Intel V.4 vs 2.0) as well
as can be expected with 4 Meg. I have a good Exabyte 8200 that
I have placed both at id 2 and at id 5 on the SCSI BUS and upon
booting, It says that it sees an Exabyte(Probably data from
an inquiry) and that since it is not supported, it will not
be configured. Since I wish to develop from X I am not buying more memory
until I either get this to work or uucp(also a problem).

The support number says that since I did not buy  $2000 contract
and I am running have to go through Avnet for support. I assume since
the support manager says they had some Exabyte probelms other than this.
That either another SCSI controller supports it(probably the 1541b adaptec)
or there is some configuration item I am missing. Help via
EMAIL would be wonderful.

The UUCP problem is the infamous DEVICE UNAVAILABLE. I have what worked
well for V.3 and made uucp owner and group. ??????? The other entries
shouls work in Devices, Dialer, and Systems.

Email please