sh and csh scripts (SCO ODT 1.0 with SCO Unix 3.2.1)

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sun Jan 27 06:56:55 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan26.033315.10820 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:
>As quoted from <8836 at star.cs.vu.nl> by rvdp at cs.vu.nl (Ronald van der Pol):
>| 	The whole world is using '#!', so SCO decided to use ':' instead.

>Nope --- SCO actually goes blameless for a change.  #! is a Berzerkeleyism,
>not to be found in standard SVR3, or even in SCO's corruption of same.

Well, it may be a BSDism but it is a nice feature to have, and as for not
being found in "standard SVR3", Interactive implemented it in either 2.0.2
or 2.2 (not sure which it was), which probably means Esix and Dell would
have it as well. So, what we have here isn't a case of SCO corruption, just
a failure to provide a useful and desireable feature :-}.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM