PPP on STREAMS

Tin "Man" Le tin at smsc.sony.com
Thu Jan 10 11:00:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan9.195420.2011 at smsc.sony.com> tin at smsc.sony.com (Tin "Man" Le) writes:
>>In article <1991Jan8.154358.32 at cscnj> paul at cscnj (Paul Moody) writes:
>>Does anyone know of an implementation of PPP or SLIP for STREAMS?
>>Preferably for ATT 386. Even more preferably with source.
>
>  Previously I mentioned something called ppp-streams.tar.Z that contain
>  an implementation of PPP for streams (and BSD/socket).  I made a mistake
>  when I said it was available on ftp.ee.lbl.gov (actually that was where
>  I found cslip source code, not PPP).
>
>  You can get ppp-streams from UC Davis, ucdavis.ucdavis.edu [128.120.2.1],
>  in the directory /dist/ppp.

  I've been told that the ppp stuffs on ucdavis is for PC only, using
  KA9Q.  Sorry about that.

  One more update.  The response to my posting has been more than I have
  time to handle.  Thanks to Paul Vixie, ppp-streams.tar.Z is now on
  gatekeeper.dec.com (or should be soon).  I've mailed it off to him.
  Just keep checking on there, in /pub/net/ppp*

  One other place to check is tut.cis.ohio-state.edu, in /pub/ppp
  That contain ppp-streams, modified for SunOS 4.1.

-- Tin

--
. Tin Le                    Work Internet: tin at smsc.Sony.COM
. Work: (408) 944-4157      Home Internet: tin at szebra.uu.net