g++ and libg++ on SCO Opendesktop

Bill England wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com
Thu Jan 24 10:35:12 AEST 1991

In article <3185 at polari.UUCP> 6sigma2 at polari.UUCP (Brian Matthews) writes:

>This is assuming that everyone has
>
>  - the money to purchase SVR4, and
>  - either a powerful enough machine or the money to buy a powerful
>    enough machine to run SVR4, and
>  - a vendor that supports their machine or the money to buy a new
>    machine that runs SVR4.
>
>I hardly think this is a given.

  No.  It is indeed not a given.  In fact SCO's-ODT package 1.1 will only
  include a Sys V 3.2 OS.  I have no idea what their schedule for releasing
  a 4.0 product is but, I get the impression that I shouldn't hold my
  breath. :-)

  I'm curious about when SCO's-ODT will include X11R4 as well?

  --
  Anyway, is it possible to get g++, and libg++ running
  on Sys V.3.1 ? (SCO-ODT 1.0)

  Has anyone even tried?

  I believe that current g* versions are;

  gcc 1.39 (released by RMS last week)
  gas 1.37
  g++ 1.37.1

--
 +-  Bill England,  wengland at stephsf.COM -----------------------------------+
 |   * *      H -> He +24Mev                                                |