Installing Cnews under SCO

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 01:11:23 AEST 1991

hal at glacier.UUCP (Harold C. Nevis) writes:

> doit.bin halts while linking expire with the ld fatal error message
> the the symbol _ftime (referenced in libcnews.a) is undefined.
> Do I need to define a special lib for the linking operation?

The xenix library (Linker library flag -lx) gives you ftime().  If you
had told build "usg" rather than "v7" C News would not even have asked
for ftime(), but you might as well use the one in the xenix library....

> Any suggestions on installing Cnews under SCO would be appreciated.

Me, I just used my old Xenix binaries ... :-)  You may find that
the kernel ETRUNC parameter might be useful if any of your newsgroups
have component names > 14 characters in length.
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)