Installing Cnews under SCO

Harold C. Nevis hal at glacier.UUCP
Sun Jan 27 17:40:40 AEST 1991

Can anyone help me with cnews under SCO 3.2 v2.0.
I am installing Cnews with patches to 15 Dec 1990 installed.

doit.bin halts while linking expire with the ld fatal error message
the the symbol _ftime (referenced in libcnews.a) is undefined.  _ftime
is defined in the standard c libraries in /lib to which I thought ld has
default access.  Do I need to define a special lib for the linking operation?
Any suggestions on installing Cnews under SCO would be appreciated.

..!(uunet,qiclab,reed)!glacier!hal   hal at glacier.uucp    Portland, OR