ISC 2.2.1 Upgrade

Brandon Brown brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 19 04:41:09 AEST 1991

I received my Interactive "care" package yesterday in the mail containing the
new 2.2.1 upgrade. I have an Adaptec 1542 controller, and was hoping to
fire up this new upgrade.

The problem is, after selecting upgrade, the machine returns:

"grep: cannot execute"
[ several other programs unexecutable ]

returning to a "#" prompt. Lucky me. This seems to be doing the same thing
as the 2.2 did. I must have been lucky to get ISC 2.2 up and running.

Does anyone have a clue of what is going on? What in the hell did they changed
from 2.0.2, which installed and ran perfectly, to 2.2?? Or better yet 2.2.1?

Is it me?

I have an AMI Motherboard 25MHz, 8mb memory, no cache, 387 co-processor with:
	Adaptec 1542 SCSI controller
		HP 308mb SCSI disk drive (external)
		Maxtor 200mb Internal HD
		Archive 150mb Viper drive
	Paradise 16-bit VGA card with 512K
	Logitech bus mouse
	Western Digital Ethernet card
	[ other unrelated stuff ]

I have disassembled the entire computer leaving nothing but the motherboard,
Paradise VGA card, and Adaptec controller with the HP drive on it. No mouse,
no other special devices connected, not even the serial/parallel card.

I'm stumped. I've paid alot of money for these new upgrades (2.0.2->2.2) also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated/rewarded....

Brandon