ISC 2.2.1 Upgrade

Robert Corran rco at atom2.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 10:35:10 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan18.174109.27126 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:

> I have an AMI Motherboard 25MHz, 8mb memory, no cache, 387 co-processor with:
> 	Adaptec 1542 SCSI controller
> 		HP 308mb SCSI disk drive (external)
> 		Maxtor 200mb Internal HD
> 		Archive 150mb Viper drive
> 	Paradise 16-bit VGA card with 512K
> 	Logitech bus mouse
> 	Western Digital Ethernet card
> 	[ other unrelated stuff ]
>
> I have disassembled the entire computer leaving nothing but the motherboard,
> Paradise VGA card, and Adaptec controller with the HP drive on it. No mouse,
> no other special devices connected, not even the serial/parallel card.

I recently spent several months trying to install Interactive unix V2.2.1 on
my 486 PC The problem was the paradise vga card needs to be plugged into an
8 bit socket.  This is apparently in the release notes but I cannot find it
anywhere.  Once I moved the video card to the 8 bit slot Interactive
installed just fine.

				Best of luck,
				Rob Corran.

rco at atom.lhrl.oz.au