'386 Unix Wars

Carson Wilson carson at point.UUCP
Tue Jan 1 09:00:09 AEST 1991

Here's another response to my request for opinions about i386 Unix:
**************************
From: ddsw1!riacs!rutgers!sirius.ctr.columbia.edu!david (David Freidlander)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 90 00:35:59 -0500
To: riacs!lll-winken!ddsw1!point!carson (Carson Wilson)

Just thought I should respond to your posting.  One of your
correspondents says he(she) has had very bad experiences with
Interactive Systems.  I can only say that my experiences have been
quite the opposite.  A real human being answers the phone very
quickly, and this person almost always has an answer.  If they don't
have an answer, they DO get back to you, invariably.  I have been
working with Interactive for about 2 years now.

Possibly this depends partly on the area of the country in which you
are.  I am in New York, and my support is from the office in New
Hampshire.  This part (I don't know how large a part it is) has
recently broken away and formed its own company called "Multi-User
Systems", which makes me think that something unusual may have been
happening there.

For the record, I have been selling Interactive Unix as well, so
perhaps I'm an interested party.  But I will say that their support is
a major reason why I have continued to work with them.

You can quote me on this if you want, with or without my name.

David Friedlander