'386 Unix Wars

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Tue Jan 1 11:05:27 AEST 1991

In article <1990Dec31.213625.5481 at Veritas.COM> geoff at Veritas.COM (Geoffrey Leach) writes:
>In essence, Sean says that the Karl (as an SCO customer) has no right to
>expect
>that their product should work "as advertised", given their price point which
>Sean describes as, "somewhat as a loss leader."

Really?  Where did I say that?

What Sean says, in essence, is that support is expensive, and I would not
expect any vendor to spend too much money on a no-win proposition.  If a
product just does not work, that's one thing, and I mentioned that.  But you
seem happier to believe that I think software support should cost lots of
money, something I never said.

Why don't you try a) reading what I wrote, and b) try dealing with the
vendors in question before you start saying how they operate?  Or is that
too much effort?

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."