ESIX Support for FutureDomain SCSI

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Mon Jan 14 19:06:31 AEST 1991

abc at jazz.concert.net (Alan Clegg) writes:

>Is anyone using ESIX 3.2 rev D with a future-domain SCSI Controller?  I am
>not sure of the Future-Domain board number, but it is supposed to be 100%
>compatible with the AHA-1540B (1542 without floppy support).

I purchased a future domain 885 scsi controller (which is supported by
esix 5.3.2-d) and was unable to get it to boot from a Wren IV or a Wren
III.  Esix technical support first told me that they had no problems
with the fd controller and a seagate scsi drive that they had and what
was a "ren" drive anyway?  Then they wanted me to send my drive to them
so they could get it to work.  I declined.  I am using the st-01 driver
(modified by mike grenier (mike at cimcor.mn.org) right now and have a fd
scsi controller that is simply gathering dust.
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG - MNFHA, NCS - UMN Women's Lax, MWD
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need