Can't connect to X11R4 (Roell)'s server w/TCP

Tim Wright tim at delluk.uucp
Mon Jan 14 22:54:14 AEST 1991

In <129 at chansw.UUCP> chan at chansw.UUCP (Jerry H. Chan) writes:

>Anybody successfully configure Thomas Roell's X11R4 server for use over TCP/ip?
>I am able to successfully build the image, but none of the clients are able to
>connect to the server.  In fact, when the server is terminated (using
>ALT+CTRL+BS), it doesn't go away cleanly ("netstat -a" shows that the server
>hangs around in the CLOSED state):

>  $ netstat -a                           # After killing the server

>  Active Internet connections (including servers)
>  Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
>  tcp        0      0  chansw.1140            chansw.Xserver         CLOSED
>  tcp        0      0  *.smtp                 *.*                    LISTEN
>  tcp        0      0  *.*                    *.*                    CLOSED

>The clients all work properly on an X terminal configured on the same network.
>I am running ISC 2.2.1.  The images were built with TCPCONN defined.

>Any idea's anybody?  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>-----
Yup. It's the heading-on-for-infamous TCP/IP 1.2.0 bug. It bites telnets,
it bites here. Does anyone know if a fix is available yet? Something like
SSU 1.4A (?) was called a TCP/IP fix. Is this the one ?

Tim
--
Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp. (UK) | Email address
Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RW       | Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Tel: +44-344-860456                  | Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
"What's the problem? You've got an IQ of six thousand, haven't you?"