Can't run clients under (Roell's) X11R4 for ISC

Mark W. Snitily mark at zok.UUCP
Wed Jan 16 20:12:10 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan14.180812.3437 at cti-software.nl> pim at cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
>I assume that Roell's server, when compiled with -DTCPCONN, will
>be able to connect to ISC X clients using the "-display localhost:0"
>option.

Unfortunately no, not to my knowledge.  *But*, it works the other
way around.

If you compile the current distribution with -DTCPCONN, then the
*clients* will work correctly.  Only the *server* appears to have the
problem.

In other words, the X11R4 clients (e.g xterm, etc.) compiled with Herr
Roell's pathces (and -DTCPCONN) work just fine with the X11R3 server
supplied by ISC.

-- Mark

Mark W. Snitily                 Consulting Services:
894 Brookgrove Lane             Graphics, Operating Systems, Compilers
Cupertino, CA 95014             (408) 252-0456
mark at zok.uucp                   West Coast UUCP X11 archive site

If your mailer doesn't like the .uucp domain, these also work:
...!{mips,sgi}!zok!mark, mark%zok at mips.com, mark%zok at sgi.com

For an interesting symmetry, compare the 1661 and 1991 calendars.