Can't run clients under (Roell's) X11R4 for ISC

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Tue Jan 15 05:08:12 AEST 1991

>	In one of the files in the distribution, it states fairly
>clearly that the old clients will have to be recompiled.  Roell uses
>Streams, X likes to use socketts.....

I assume that Roell's server, when compiled with -DTCPCONN, will
be able to connect to ISC X clients using the "-display localhost:0"
option.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, noone has succeeded to make Roell's
server work with TCP/IP on ISC Unix, inspite of the support the
sources have for TCP/IP.

I'd be interested if someone has succeeded in this.
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70           phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands      fax    : +31 70 3512837