Missing C library functions in INTERACTIVE 386/ix 2.0.2?

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Mon Jan 7 03:51:20 AEST 1991

As quoted from <10325 at bunny.GTE.COM> by jdg0 at GTE.COM (Jose Diaz-Gonzalez):
+---------------
| My libc.a seems to be missing the functions defined in regcmp(3) (regcmp
| and regex).  I tried the shared library version with no luck. Nm does not
| find it in either one.  Any ideas?  Cheers,
+---------------

They can't find it because it's not in libc.a.  It's in libPW.a.  Try loading
with -lPW.

(Warning to SCO UNIX users:  SCO moved them to libc.a, which means you have to
watch out when writing programs under SCO UNIX that are intended to be
portable to other platforms.  (Not to mention the bug that causes them to only
work when linked by the cc command, but not by rcc, gcc, etc.)  Sigh....)

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN