System V/386 groff distribution

Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca
Mon Jan 14 08:25:14 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan13.010710.4714 at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca> mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca writes:
>Just as a matter of record, FTP sites are just about *non-existent* in Canada
>(relative to the number of computer sites here; as an aside how many of you
>know that Calgary has more computers/CPUs per capita than any other city in the
>world?) due to the overwhelming costs in maintaining the lines etc.  Perhaps
>there should be a site that has both FTP and dial-in access (uunet is
>prohibitively expensive for most human beings).

File: READ.ME.FIRST @ ftp.wimsey.bc.ca

Wimsey.BC.CA ACCESS POLICY

We try to maintain a repository of popular software here and make
it available with Anonymous FTP and guest login.  Please respect
our privacy and don't make any attempts to circumvent any security
arrangements.  This repository is made available as a service to
you, not to us.

Internet access:

	FTP	ftp.wimsey.bc.ca

	Login as user "anonymous", use any password.
	Some restrictions apply.

	Our network access is via 9600 bps PPP/VJ, please be patient.

Dialup Access:

	PEP	604-939-4782
	2400	604-939-4756

	UUCP	login:	nuucp	passwd:	nuucp
	guest	login:	guest	passwd:	guest

	The guest login supports downloading with sz(1), which
	supports the XMODEM, YMODEM and ZMODEM protocols.

	Note that uucp requests should be directed to the ftp directory:

		uucp van-bc\!~ftp/pub/afile .

Wimsey.BC.CA Management <maint at wimsey.bc.ca> (91/01/13)

--
Stuart Lynne	S&L Investments Ltd.