Simple database software for sysV?

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Thu Jan 31 15:33:05 AEST 1991

Currently I use a DOS box in my home to, among other things, manage a
10,000-name mailing list.  Each record is about 300 bytes, so the whole
thing fits in a bit over 3 megabytes.

Having just gone on spree throughout the Internet collecting lots of useful
public-domain software for SysV, I'm now considering taking the plunge and
installing SysV at home.  This means replacing all my DOS software with Unix
lookalikes, and I've accomplished that except for the database stuff.

All I need is relatively simple data entry, sorting, searching, and printing
capabilities; I don't need a $500 FoxBase or Paradox package.

Any recommendations on low-cost or no-cost database software for SysV?

-rich
P.S.  Another item I'm curious about:  spreadsheet software.