groff

Ronald Florence ron at mlfarm.com
Thu Jan 31 14:00:53 AEST 1991

Some weeks ago, i386 binaries of groff version 0.4, were posted to
comp.unix.sysv386.  Unfortunately, those binaries do not work with the
mm macros.  When I reported the error, James Clark <jclark!jjc>, the
author of groff, wrote:

 > I can't reproduce the problem either using the current version of
 > troff or using version 0.4.  [...]
 > The only explanation I can think of is that your gtroff binary is
 > broken: perhaps it was compiled with an old and buggy version of g++.

I have also tried Esix binaries of groff 1.0 which were offered by a
generous net reader: they dump core under Xenix.

Those of us who do not have room to bring up g++ and groff could still
use a working Xenix binary of groff, preferably a more recent version.
Perhaps someone would like to earn the eternal gratitude of me and
others by making Xenix binaries of groff 1.0 available via anonymous
uucp and/or ftp.

Thanks.

Ronald Florence			ron at mlfarm.com