What was, and is no more <was: '386 Unix Wars>

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Sat Jan 5 15:39:17 AEST 1991

allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:

>Be nice to see this for software, though, I'll admit.  On the other hand, it
>may be notable that Plexus is no more.  (On the *third* hand, they were the
>last of the companies from the early Silicon Vally boom to disappear --- many
>other computer companies from the same time period died much earlier.

	For a kick, you might want to review the charter issue of Unix/World
(January, '84 as I recall) and see who was active and who wasn't. (Remember
Onyx? Dual? Zilog?) Hewlett/Packard was releasing its first boxes. I had
a close look at Plexus in mid '84... a nicely engineered box. To my
knowledge, Plexus is still around, but works strictly on image processing.