What was, and is no more <was: '386 Unix Wars>

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Mon Jan 7 13:19:54 AEST 1991

As quoted from <194 at raysnec.UUCP> by shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake):
+---------------
| 	For a kick, you might want to review the charter issue of Unix/World
| (January, '84 as I recall) and see who was active and who wasn't. (Remember
| Onyx? Dual? Zilog?) Hewlett/Packard was releasing its first boxes. I had
| a close look at Plexus in mid '84... a nicely engineered box. To my
| knowledge, Plexus is still around, but works strictly on image processing.

Plexus went Chapter 13 and reorganized as an image processing company; as a
computer vendor, they are no more.  (That was what I meant.  They may in fact
still sell specialized hardware, but not complete systems.)

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN