DOS under UNIX

Mark Quattrocchi mark at diasonx.UUCP
Wed Jan 16 06:16:17 AEST 1991

I'm sure this question has been hashed over many times before here, but since
I'm new to the group I get to bug you all just one more time asking my silly
question.

I want UNIX. I also want to be able to run DOS programs under UNIX. I have used
the Miroport UNIX with DOS Merge but when running games or other programs that
like to use interrupts/timers/etc., the entire box would just hang. Rebooting
UNIX is no fun since it takes a year to fsck.

So to the question...

Is there a version of UNIX or combination of UNIX and a DOS Merge program that
really works for all DOS programs?

FYI... I currently run MKS (UNIX like), and can bounce back and forth running
whatever I want, except for multiple processes :-)

Thanks
Mark Quattrocchi, {3comvax|cygnet}!diasonx!mark, mark at diasonx