386-33 Motherboard

Wendy Wilhelm wendy at jove.cs.pdx.edu
Wed Jan 23 06:01:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan18.193434.12891 at watserv1.waterloo.edu> jching at watnow.waterloo.edu (John Y. Ching) writes:
>2)  If I buy a 386-33 with a motherboard that has 16 MB (maximum) on board
>    but does NOT have a 32-bit slot for additional memory upgrade, am I
>    limiting my upgrade path too much?  Is there any real need for more
>    than 16 MB for a 80386-based machine, ever?

	We have two 80386-based machines with 24 MB (Soon to be 40) and
	12 MB (Soon to be 24) that we use all the time... No, you don't
	really need this much memory unless you're running Unix with/or
	lots of emacs ;(... However, we use these little boxes as
	Xterminal Servers and they need all the memory we can give 'em.

								Wendy

|Wendy Wilhelm                                                               |
|Portland State University                                                   |
|Portland Center for Advanced Technology                                     |
|INTERNET: wendy%{cs,ee}.pdx.edu                                             |
|UUCP:{ucbvax,uunet,gatech}!tektronix!pdxgate!{ee,cs}.pdx.edu!wendy          |
| DeVries's Dilemma:						             |
|	If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't             |
|		want hits the paper.				             |