Roell server configuration attempts

Scott Bartram scott at nancy.uucp
Wed Jan 30 06:36:15 AEST 1991

Has anyone successfully configured Roell's server for a Zenith
(actually a Sigma Designs) VGA board and monitor?

The board is an ET3000AX with two clocks: 25 and 28MHz. I don't know
if this matters, but the clock.exe program said that there were
4 clocks:

	clocks:  25.2  28.3  28.3  28.3

BTW- Don't try to run clock.exe under vpix; it gives VERY incorrect results.

The monitor supports 640x480. I did the calculations based on the
monitor specs and they were exactly the same as the supplied
"standard VGA" specs.  The weird thing is, if I use the standard
VGA "640x480" @25Mhz specs, I get a fairly distorted display. If I use
any other resolution with the 28MHz clock instead of the 25, I get a
clear display except for evenly spaced solid vertical bars every
10 pixels or so.

Any clues will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

scott