Will Roell's server work with a paradise vga+ 8bit

Fred Miller fmiller at dobie.UUCP
Thu Jan 17 14:25:39 AEST 1991

mitchemt at silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Terry Mitchem) writes:

>	Has anyone got Roell's server to work with a paradise vga+ 8-bit
>card. I think mine only has 256K also. If you got this combination too work
>or have any advice, please e-mail me.

Terry, I have the Paradise Plus 16 here with a 12" VGA CRT, and as far as
I'm concerned, to really be able to use X (any version) effeciently one
*should* have SVGA...i.e. 1024x768x256.  In fact, that's what I will so
have here.  I'm presently using X from ISC.  Also, a dot pitch of .26 or
.28 and 14" minimum on the CRT!  After about an hour (max) I have to
get out of X...too hard on the eyes.

My observations for what it's worth.

							Fred

--
  F&J Enterprises                   |  bluemoon!dobie!fmiller
  International Network Marketing   |  The Common Sense BBS