what does this error message mean?

Dr. Orville R. Weyrich orville at uunet.uu.net!weyrich
Mon Jan 14 18:48:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan11.233546.2800 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
>In article <1991Jan10.190614.1232 at vort.uucp> mike at vort.uucp (Mike Nemeth) writes:
>> hardware: IPC 386, USR Courier v.32 modem
>> software: ISC 3.2.2
>> problem: uucico failing on large file transfer.
>> news calgary  (1/10-4:17:01,11577,1) IN SEND/SLAVE MODE (INPUT FAILURE)
>> news calgary  (1/10-4:17:01,11577,1) FAILED (conversation complete)
>
>It means the other end dropped the line on you, probably because the
>job you sent was too big for their ULIMIT.
>--

I had the same thing happen at approximately the same time. My log shows that
I was RECIEVING from uunet. I did not have any large stuff queued for outgoing.

I tend to suspect that maybe the missing part 2 of groff was the culprit?
It seems that this was posted at about the same time.

Note: I am NOT an expert on net-news -- my node has been up less than a month.
This is the only time I have experienced this.

uunet!weyrich!orville

orville%weyrich at uunet.uu.net