ISC2.2 having trouble with Zmodem file transfer

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sat Jan 5 05:19:42 AEST 1991

DeadHead at cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:

>Some people tell me that you cant run 9600 baud. So I step down to 4800, and
>I still have the problems. They also tell me that ISC2.2's tty buffer is
>1K and you cant do 1K block transfer. Now, is that correct? Has anybody
>done serial transfer at >4800 baud with 1K blocksize using Ymodem or Zmodem
>successfullly between an ISC2.2 box and a PC?

Yes - I have sucessfully done 10 zmodem transfers at one time from
the ISC 2.2 box - with all the serial lines locked at 19200 baud.  Transfers
run around 14,000 baud (or 1780 cps on the HST modems).

Chances are you are using the ISC ASY supplied driver which is a real dog.
I would suggest replacing the driver with the FAS driver and enable
hardware flow control.

  {..!uunet!mailrus!iuvax!ndcheg!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)