probelem overriding ulimit in ESIX

Jim Chandler chandler at xroads.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 11:50:22 AEST 1991

In article <45144 at mips.mips.COM>, gboja at mips.COM (Glenda Boja Ramil) writes:
> I seem to be having problem overriding the ulimit on my ESIX sysv386.3.2.C
> system.  The default is 4096K and I have a need to increase it to 8M.
>
> The manual indicate that I change the ULIMIT parameter in the /etc/default/loginto the override value.  It also calls for a change in the ID/TP value which I have no knowlege of (Help!!!).
>
> If there are any one who have had this experience, please send me note.
>
> Thanx

First login as root and cd to /etc/conf/bin.  Then type:

idtune ULIMIT xxxxx

where xxxx is the desired ulimit.  Each 'ulimit' is 512 bytes of disk space.
Then type idbuild and reboot.  The ULIMIT parameter in /etc/default/login
only changes the default at login and not the system ulimit.  You must use
idtune and rebuild to change the system limit.
Also you must use all caps for ULIMIT or the kernel will not compile.
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200|2400 Baud 24 hrs/day