UUCP connection for Esix

Martin J. Schedlbauer mschedlb at hawk.ulowell.edu
Sat Jan 5 04:09:47 AEST 1991

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a uucp connection for Esix Rev. D. I have a site
that let's me feed and I followed the uucp installation instructions.
However when I use Uutry to check the connection it fails at the login.
Now this could likely be a problem with the feed site, but in general
does anyone have any friendly advice as to what one should watch for
when using Esix's UUCP?

Any comments or suggestions are very much appreciated. Would anyone mind
sharing their Dialers, Devices, Systems setup for a typical dial-up UUCP
feeder?

Also, I understand that Esix has problems running at 9600 baud and that
FAS will solve it. My questions is: Where can I get FAS from Esix Rev. D
from (ftp would be great).

Thanks,

	...Martin

Martin Schedlbauer				(mschedlb at ulowell.edu)
Institute for Visualization and Perception Research
Department of Computer Science
University of Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854		(Tel: (508) 934-3612)