Strange interaction between tape and networking...

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Jun 19 22:55:24 AEST 1991

gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:

>I am having a strange problem with interaction between TCP/IP
>networking software and tape backups. Generally, if the networking
>stuff is working, the system will not produce a readable tape
>of any length. I can usually get a meg or two to write and read
>back, but not always.

This sounds like a hardware configuration problem.  You need to check
and ensure that the two cards (network and tape controller) are not
colliding on interrupt or memory address ranges (sounds more like
memory address range).

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170