ISC UNIX S5R4?

Todd Ogasawara todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Tue Jun 25 04:55:27 AEST 1991

I just got off the phone with my ISC sales rep and confired that ISC
UNIX System V Release 4 is available now. Unfortunately, no upgrade path
will be available until later this year with the next release of ISC
SVR4. One notable ommission from the ISC packages is vpix (which will
be released for SVR4 in the 4th quarter).

Since I will be sitting tight until the upgrade path is available
(although I'm hoping to buy a new system soon, so I might get R4
sooner), I'd like to hear from early users of ISC S5R4.

1. Does anything other than vpix break under ISC S5R4? Specifically:
   C-news, trn, MicroEMACS, vile, ddd, afio, C-Kermit?
2. Are there any noticeable speed slowdowns or speedups during I/O
   intensive processes like large compiles?
3. Is it shipping with TCP/IP 1.3 as opposed to TCP/IP 1.2 (my
   Interactive Rep wasn't sure about this)?
4. Anyone try VPIX from the ISC 2.2 release to see if it works under
   S5R4?
5. Has anyone found problems running a Wangtek Drive, WD8003 Ethernet
   board, or PC/16i Digiboard with ISC S5R4?

Thanks...todd

--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Telephone      ::: (808) 536-9162 ext. 7