DOS FS inode table overflow under ISC 2.2.1

Dean Carpenter deano at areyes.com
Sun Jun 30 04:12:04 AEST 1991

I'm running ISC Unix 3.2 (2.2.1) on a 486 eisa box, WD1007 esdi with a
Maxtor XT760 drive.  When I installed the system, I booted DOS 3.3 first
and used that to create a 32 meg partition for DOS, and installed DOS in
that partition.  Then I installed unix normally, and all seems well.  Almost.

I mount the DOS filesystem as /cee from /dev/dsk/0p1.

I've noticed that while using vpix sometimes the console will get lots of
messages about the DOS filesystem inode table.  Specifically :

	DOS FS inode table overflow

What's causing this ?  I haven't tracked down the villainous DOS program(s)
yet, but I'm working at it.  Also, a couple of times while in vpix, all of
a sudden the drive light goes on for some time as it writes a system memory
image out to the swap device, all 16 meg of it.  Everything is locked up
while this happens, then the next key press *reboots* the system, just like
a power-down.  It goes through the post and everything.  Could this be
related in any way ?

--
Dean Carpenter		uunet!areyes!deano		(203) 531-5007
Areyes, Inc.		deano at areyes.com

"No matter where you go, there you are"  sayeth Buckaroo 								 across the Eighth Dimension