how bad is this configuration for SVR4?

Jon H. LaBadie jon at jonlab.UUCP
Sun Jun 30 20:13:36 AEST 1991

Now please, no uncontrollable laughter!

In a fit of "buy something" frenzy, I purchased my first Intel
based system.  The intention was to be able to get UNIX SVR4
and as a side benefit (is it really a benefit) DOS.

I think I am the classic negative example of you should check
your software requirements before getting your hardware.

What I have is a Gateway 2000 brand 486/33 MHz.  It has 2 IDE
(Note, IDE) disk drives of 200 Mbytes each.  The tape drive is
a (I think this is the proper term) QIC 120.  The display is
Gateway's own OEM's "Crystal Scan" monitor using the SpeedStar
board and a Non-Interlaced monitor.

My question is:

	How bad have I chosen?  If badly, can this be made to work?

Mail replies would be appreciated.
Only because I am a week behind in reading this newsgroup.

Jon

--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr, attmail!auxnj}!jonlab!jon