questions from someone thinking about buy SCO UNIX or ESIX

The Master of Disaster,1990 seth at gn.ecn.purdue.edu
Sun Jun 2 05:48:00 AEST 1991

I'm planning to get UNIX for my 386 at home, and I have a few questions.
I've been looking at SCO and ESIX and can't decide between which one.
Any suggestions or person preferences or experiences would be appreciated
I know that ESIX comes with an X11 Server, does SCO?
With the development systems on each, I get a C compiler, how about
other compilers?
Which shells do I get(i.e. C K or bourne)?
How about hard drive compatability. I currently have a 65meg RLL, but
am planning on expanding do they have IDE and SCSI compatability as
well as RLL?
How about MSDOS and VPIX, how does that work?
When they say 2 user, does that mean two users total, or two users
on at once?
Any other important thing that you think I should know or may have
missed would also be appreciated.

THANKX in advance.

				Madison Miles
				seth at gn.ecn.purdue.edu