questions from someone thinking about buy SCO UNIX or ESIX

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sun Jun 2 08:18:08 AEST 1991

seth at gn.ecn.purdue.edu (The Master of Disaster,1990) writes:

>I've been looking at SCO and ESIX and can't decide between which one.

Look at Dell and Interactive as well.

>Any suggestions or person preferences or experiences would be appreciated
>I know that ESIX comes with an X11 Server, does SCO?

nope.  Dell SVR4 comes with X11R4 and ISC is shipping X11R3 with
some of their packages.

>Which shells do I get(i.e. C K or bourne)?

Dell with all 3, ISC with C and bourne

>How about MSDOS and VPIX, how does that work?

Yes

>Any other important thing that you think I should know or may have
>missed would also be appreciated.

Yes - Dell SVR4 comes with everything but the kitchen sink -
Dell's SVR4 is 1295 list and comes with DOS Merge - and lots of
applications compiled to run under their UNIX.

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis