More than 32 serial ports on one board

Steve Kotsopoulos steve at ecf.toronto.edu
Fri Jun 14 00:47:32 AEST 1991

In article <28561A25.44D1 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>I have an application where I need to install 48, possibly more, serial
>ports on an ESIX R4 machine. Presently we are looking at the schemes
>that have one to four lines coming out of the AT-bus card, each running
>to a multiplexer block with 8-24 ports. At least eight ports require
>full modem control with hardware handshake, and I need to use RJ-45
>connectors in order to reducde wiring headaches.
>
>The boards being considered are:
>Equinox Megaplex;
>Corollory 8x4;
>Digiboard Digichannel PC/16.

You may want to check out the Consensys Powerports/HD.
They have an ad on page 26 of the May 13 Unix Today. Call their 1-800 number.
Steve Kotsopoulos                   mail:   steve at ecf.utoronto.ca
Systems Analyst                     bitnet: steve at ecf.UTORONTO.BITNET
Engineering Computing Facility      uucp:   uunet!utai!ecf!steve
University of Toronto               phone:  (416) 978-5898