More than 32 serial ports on one board

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.on.ca
Wed Jun 12 22:57:08 AEST 1991

I have an application where I need to install 48, possibly more, serial
ports on an ESIX R4 machine. Presently we are looking at the schemes
that have one to four lines coming out of the AT-bus card, each running
to a multiplexer block with 8-24 ports. At least eight ports require
full modem control with hardware handshake, and I need to use RJ-45
connectors in order to reducde wiring headaches.

The boards being considered are:

Equinox Megaplex;

Corollory 8x4;

Digiboard Digichannel PC/16.

I would like to find out if anyone has carried out this kind of
evaluation to date, and how the boards (and their release 4 drivers)
stack up against each other in cost, performance and reliability.

Thank you.
--
   Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
         evan at telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan / (416) 452-0504