Need Help Building gdb on SCO 3.2.2

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Wed Jun 26 05:51:32 AEST 1991

In article <8062 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> rbraun at spdcc.COM (Rich Braun) writes:
>I didn't have the problem you report when compiling gdb under 3.2.2,

The problem is that an ANSI-conformant C preprocessor (as msc has [well,
mostly 8-)]) cannot deal with a Makefile as input.  Why?  Because it is not
valid C.

In config.gdb, if it has 'cc -E', replace it with '/lib/cpp [...]'; that
should do the trick.  Or use rcc instead of cc.

Also, as was pointed out, /bin/sh (or $SHELL; I forget which one is checked
first) needs to be readable.

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "What *does* that 33 do?  I have no idea."
sef at kithrup.COM  |           -- Chris Torek