Need Help Building gdb on SCO 3.2.2

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Wed Jun 26 02:18:35 AEST 1991

I didn't have the problem you report when compiling gdb under 3.2.2,
but I did find that it requires read access to /bin/sh.  Once you've
gotten it to compile and run, you'll run into this.  A helpful followup
to my appeal for help in this newsgroup suggested the following
solution:  cp /bin/sh /usr/local/lib/gdb-sh ; chmod 755 /usr/local/lib/
gdb-sh.  Also, you have to change the shell's path name in one of the
gdb source files from /bin/sh to the new one you created.  (I put it
in /usr/local because that's an NFS-exported filesystem which any
workstation user can access.)

-rich