ISC w/ ksh ??

Arthur Neilson art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Wed Jun 26 03:47:30 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun25.002411.7486 at lgnp1.ls.com> phil at lgnp1.ls.com (Phil Eschallier) writes:

>hello again out there ...
>
>hopefully this is not an incredibly stupid question -- i have just purchased
>isc 2.21 workstation developer package ... i have seen repeated references
>on the net to the korn shell (ksh) on isc 386/ix but i don't seem to have it.
>
>my package is actually the 2.2 core base plus the 2.21 upgrade (and other
>misc. updates) ... am i supposed to have ksh??  am i loosing my mind??
>
>any help would be appreciated!!

Ksh doesn't come with ISC UNIX 2.2.  You have to buy it either from
Aspen Technologies for ~150 US or so, or else pay thru the nose to
get it from the AT&T Toolchest.  Alternatively, you can go and get
a PD shell like tcsh, bash or ash.  I *really* like tcsh, and recommend
it highly.  The job control works quite well as does the command line
editing and all the other zillion features.
Arthur W. Neilson III		| INET: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pilikia!art