Anyone ported RPC to ATT SysV R3.2.x ???

Dirk Payne dpayne at isis.cs.du.edu
Tue Jun 25 10:37:00 AEST 1991

	I have been grappling with the tedious task of porting Sun RPC 4.0
to a ATT WGS 386 system with SYSVR3.2.2. To date I have had only limited
success.

	The system is configured with Racal/Interlan TCP/IP with an special
protocol coprocessor board (called a Network Processor board). The Interlan
appears to be a fairly complete implementation of BSD and it's socket
library, and with the exception of a few hacks on my part (gettimeofday()
for example) the source is as distributed by Sun.

	Keep in mind that this system does a reasonable job in a mostly Sun
world, and handles ftp, rlogin and other net stuff without any complaints.

	Here is a quick synopsis of what I am experiencing:

	If I ping the system from a Sun workstation ("rpcinfo -p <box>"),
 the system responds with "port reset by peer".

	If I request information about the portmapper using UDP protocol
"rpcinfo -u <box> 100000 2" I get "ready and waiting".

	If I request the same information using TCP "rpcinfo -t <box> 100000 2"
I get "RPC: timed out".

	Any suggestions??