Problems w/ Compaq tape drive under ODT 1.1

jonn jonn at sunriv.UUCP
Fri Jun 7 06:10:34 AEST 1991

We are having a problem running a compaq tape drive on a Compaq
Deskpro under ODT 1.1.  The interface card is set up for IRQ 5,
Wangtek type, DMA channel 3 on instructions from Compaq, and linked
the kernal with those settings under mkdev tape.  Unfortunately, the
tape drive still will not work.  When I try and do 'tape status', it
says that /dev/xct0 is an unknown device or address.  I really need to
get this tape drive working soon.  Anyone out their have any
suggestions?  Email or reply here, as you think appropriate.

-Jon
|  Jon R. Nials                       Email: jonn at sunriver.com 	      |
|  SunRiver Corporation                            - or -             |
|  11500 Metric Blvd., Suite 150             uunet!sunriv!jonn        |
|  Austin, TX 78758                   Voice: (512) 835-8001 FAX: 8026 |