Thinking about buying UNIX for home, be careful w/ Dell

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.natick.ma.us
Sun Jun 23 13:27:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun21.184627.2681 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

>not really considering that Dell SVR4 comes with DOS support (what
>is that  - another $300 for ESIX SVR4 users?  And don't forget the
>fact that if you want VPIX with ESIX SVR4 you need to find another
>vendor - so in case of problems - the VPix vendor can blame it on
>the UNIX - and visa-versa

Good point.  What does DELL come with, DOS-MERGE or some such thing,
or is it VP/ix?

I have VP/ix for my ESIX 3.2 system, but don't even have it installed
right now.  I'm NOT impressed.  I'd rather keep the kernel size down
so I only have the stuff installed that I really need.

--
bill at unixland.natick.ma.us     ...!uunet!think!unixland!bill
OR ..!uunet!world!unixland!bill     heiser at world.std.com
Public Access Unix 508-655-3848(2400)   508-651-8723(HST)  508-651-8733(PEP-V32)