Thinking about buying UNIX for home, be careful w/ Dell

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sat Jun 22 04:46:27 AEST 1991

bill at unixland.natick.ma.us (Bill Heiser) writes:

>Does the $1K DELL product come with an unlimited user license, as
>opposed to the 2-user license on the $395 ESIX product?  I think if you

1295 unlimited / 995 limited

>compare apples to apples, they are almost the same price.  The DELL

not really considering that Dell SVR4 comes with DOS support (what
is that  - another $300 for ESIX SVR4 users?  And don't forget the
fact that if you want VPIX with ESIX SVR4 you need to find another
vendor - so in case of problems - the VPix vendor can blame it on
the UNIX - and visa-versa

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis