VP/ix screws up console

Andy B. andyb at stb.info.com
Sat Jun 1 07:11:48 AEST 1991

briant at tsltor.uucp (Brian Taylor) writes:
> I have a peculiar problem with VP/ix.  I'm running version 2.2.1 (but this
> has happened ever since I put 2.2 on the new machine).  When I run VP/ix from
> any of the sessions on the console (i.e., not a pseudo-tty or serial line),
> VP/ix fires up just fine, but as soon as I type 'quit' to return to UNIX,
> the entire monitor turns a mottled-pattern of gray and is illegible.  Going
> back into VP/ix clears up the screen, but coming out still leaves it screwed
> up.  Note also that it's screwed up on all the vt??s and console after only
> ONE of the sessions (thus I believe it's playing with the VGA card or similar
> trick).

I don't know if it's true for all video cards, but in order to get
color on my screen, I had to comment out the references to EGA
and VGA in the vpix.cnf file.  If that's not the problem, I
don't have any other answers.  Hope it works!

Andy
--
If it's not broken...your girlfriend will get bored with it anyway.