Trying to stop "pg", "more" or "less" jobs with "^Z" under ISC 2.2

Stig Jacobsen shj at login.dkuug.dk
Mon Jun 17 20:50:25 AEST 1991

lubkin at cs.rochester.edu (Saul Lubkin) writes:

>I should note that, I've compiled a POSIX job-controlled version of bash
>under ISC 2.2 that works quite well -- but it has the same problems as
>csh, when you try to stop a "pg", "more", or "less" job with "Control-Z"
>(or a "vi" job that is not in control mode.)

I'm using tcsh (got the binary from the net) and ^Z does work
with pg, more and less (also vi of course). The funny thing is
that with our own applications the ^Z is passed right through to
the application - I was under the impression that applications
did not _need_ to do anything in particular to support job
control?
--
Stig Jacobsen
Internet: shj at login.dkuug.dk