Help compiling!!!!

WAYNE HO WAYNE_HO at szebra.saigon.com
Sun Jun 23 09:57:05 AEST 1991

I have been trying to compile JOVE (Johnathan's own version of EMACS) for SCO
and have come across a few problems which I hope you all will be able to help
me resolve.  I have very little problem actually compiling it but the resulting
executable has many problems which i do not understand.  The first is the
command ^X^S which should save the file in the buffer, instead the scroll lock
light on my keyboard comes on and the system freezes until I press the scroll
lock button.  Second the auxillary program kbd runs, but does nothing.  It sits
there accepting input from the keyboard and echoing it out to the screen. Siere
JOVE calls this program before it bringis the performance is incredibly slowery
the same version running on an old sun 2/50 is faster, the scrolling is
terrible and echoing seems to take years, many times i can actually see the
status bar move up while scrolling down.  Has anyone had experiences to this
effect, or at least explain or fix whats happening? does it have to do with
SCO's terminal information. FYI i compiled it using -ltermcap.

                                                THank you