Hardware Scrolling?

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.cci.com
Wed Jun 19 11:30:53 AEST 1991

I'm having a little problem with AT&T 3.2.2 on my home system.  My set-up
is a 16 Mhz 386sx, 4 Meg ram, CGA board, AMI Bios dated 3/90, 40 Meg IDE
Hard disk.  What happens is that I occasionally get blank lines on the
display when I scroll down a lot.  I believe this is cause by something
called Hardware scrolling.  Why I believe this is that I used to run
Minix, and there was a specific section in the document that described
my problem and which function key I could hit so that I would get software
scrolling.  I don't think the card is at fault, I used to have the same
problem under Minix with a Hercules compatible monochrome card.

What can I do to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance!
--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW, tvf at cci.com   | SPAM is a register trademark