help testing gcc 387 improvements?

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Thu Jun 6 03:34:09 AEST 1991

Walter Tuppa has donated a gcc 387 register-stack converter to FSF.
This solves the performance problems that gcc has had in the past
with floating point on the 387.  With Walter's code, gcc will use
all eight 387 registers, and is generally as fast as the other
compilers I've tested.

I am looking for volunteers to help test the converter.  I will supply
diffs against gcc 1.39.  Testers need to be willing to use the
compiler, and notice if there are bugs.  Testers do not need to debug
gcc - it is sufficient to send me enough source to reproduce any bug.

The released form of this code will first appear in gcc2.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789