ESIX 4.03A

Glenn G. Lai glenn at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 24 05:42:40 AEST 1991

I have an Adaptec 1542b and a Fujitsu 2263SA hard drive and I just upgraded
from ESIX 3.2.D to ESIX 4.03A.  The installation process insisted on
killing my old ESIX 3.2.D, so I let it do that.  At first, I asked for
a UFS /usr partition in addition to the defaults.  Right after the root
partition had been successfully initialized, ESIX died either while it
was initializing /usr or after it had done so.  I reinstalled and used
only the default partitions.  This time I got the following error messages:

	Creating /stand file system on /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0sa
	Disksetup: Unable to mount /mnt/stand
	Disksetup: Bad file number
	Cannot create/mount the /stand filesystem.  Please contact
	your service representative for further assistance.

I hoped that this was the result of bad diskette(s) instead of a bug, so I
reinstalled ESIX 3.2.D and computed the checksums of the first three base
disks.  The results are:

	45495 2400 base-1
	14842 2400 base-2
	8201 2400 base-3

I need to have my system up (to use long file names) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  Will
someone please verify these numbers for me?  Thanks.

Glenn
glenn at cs.utexas.edu