Santa Cruz Operation settles Lotus lawsuit

Fred Rump fred at compu.com
Fri Jun 21 03:41:18 AEST 1991

fischer at iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) writes:

>It is also very unfortunate. Given that SCO is (partly) owned by
>MicroSoft, they would potentially have some real muscle behind them if
>they choose to counter the claim.
        I would think that SCO did not really wish to get involved in a
        drawn out suit. It bothers people and especially it bothers
        investors.

        I would suspect that SCO would like to go public one of these
        days and that it doesn't need a lot of garbage hanging around.

        The Lotus suit is still on against Borland.

        I believe SCO would rather try to get along with as many people
        as possible than get into a fight with them. Professional
        probably wasn't that great of a deal anyway for them, financially
        I mean.

        fred
--
Fred Rump              | 'A little learning is a dangerous thing/Drink deep
CompuData, Inc.        | or taste not the Pierian spring'    Alexander Pope